What to do at the end of a stressful day? You got it, fill the tub with some hot water, Epsom salt and sink into the quiet, relaxing AND detoxing feeling. Put a towel behind your neck and close your eyes. Ahhhh…
An Epsom salt bath is a great way to help our body’s natural detoxification process. Today’s world exposes us to more toxins than ever through the food we eat, the air we breathe, and even the medications we take. These toxins are irritating, harming, and possibly even destroying our bodies. Detoxification is your body’s way of metabolizing or removing these harmful compounds. Improving and supporting our body’s ability to detoxify and dispose of waste is essential, as is limiting its exposure to toxins. A detox Epsom salt bath is one way you can help your body flush those toxins out even more efficiently.
I usually make my detox baths with Epsom salt, which helps to draw out toxins and provides a wealth of benefits, such as the following:
1. Eases stress. Stress has a very negative impact on the health of your mind, body, and soul. A detox bath with Epsom salt is a great way to just relax and reduce some of that stress.
2. Improved sleep and concentration. Because it relaxes and eases the nerves, Epsom salt promotes better sleep and concentration.
3. Improved nervous system function. The nervous system commands all of your organs and bodily processes. When it is relaxed, as it is after an Epsom salt detox bath, it can function more efficiently.
4. Regulates enzyme activity. A detox Epsom salt bath also helps my body regulate its detoxification system and enzyme activity, which includes functions like digestion.
5. Promotes insulin production. By promoting insulin production, Epsom salt helps your body regulate its insulin levels and improve the function of all organs and processes.
6. Flushes toxins. A detox bath with Epsom salt helps your body flush out toxins more quickly and efficiently, supporting better overall organ function.
7. Pain relief for headaches, cramps, and spasms. Epsom salt relieves the pain from headaches, cramps, and spasms by relaxing your body and your nerves.
How to Draw an Epsom Salt Detox Bath
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt and 5 drops of lavender essential oil (or your preferred essential oil) to a full bath tub of hot water. The water should be hot enough to stimulate your sweat glands in much the same way as a sauna.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda to neutralize any chemicals and enhance mineral absorption.
- Immerse your body all the way up to your neck and soak for at least 20 minutes. Close your eyes and practice some deep breathing.
- After soaking, move immediately from the tub to a cool shower. In order to allow the nutrients to absorb into your body, do not use any harsh soaps and shampoos.
- I use a shower filter from Aquasana that filters chlorine and other chemicals from the water.
- Apply a natural moisturizer, like BECOME Peaceful Body Lotion, and avoid food for another 30 minutes.
- Drink filtered water and rest to rejuvenate.
Epsom salt baths are part of my weekly routine. Not only do they help remove the toxins from my body but they also help me to feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
Give it a try and let me know what you think. Find me on Facebook here.
My 24 Hour Blitz Detox That Yields Awesome Results
The other day I had a conversation with one of my students. Funny thing is we both had the same experience eating different foods. I had a break down grabbing a bag of store bought Pretzels a while back, eating about half of it. The next day I woke up with incredible joint pain and feeling bloated. Go figure, its not like I didn’t know that this would happen. The student however has just been starting to change her diet and been feeling really well when she ate at a place where she was served starchy and glutenous foods. She experienced a bloated belly and foggy brain withing 30 minutes of consuming that lunch.
If you’ve been feeling bloated, then you know more than anyone that you need to cleanse the junk from your body. It’s not always easy picking which path to take to cleanse your body for the results you want. But, I’ve made it super easy with my 24 Hour Blitz Detox.
I don’t believe in deprivation, so you will not feel deprived in any way. In fact, you’ll feel quite the opposite.
The reality is, no matter how clean we eat, we live in a very toxic world. Before we even open our mouths to take a bite of food, we are exposed to vehicular and industrial pollution in the air and toxins in our cleaning products and cosmetics. Not to mention the havoc wreaked on the body by stress. So, the question is not ‘am I toxic?’ but rather ‘how toxic am I?’
Ready to eliminate those toxins that cause weight gain, brain fog, loss of sleep, loss of mental clarity, and fatigue?
Here’s my 24 Hour Blitz Detox:
Upon Waking Drink:
Morning Lemon Elixir
1 cup warm or room temp water
Juice from 1 lemon
Pinch of cinnamon and a couple drops of stevia.
(Blueberry) Superfood Smoothie Bliss
1 cup unsweetened almond/coconut/hemp or rice milk
½ cup frozen or fresh, organic wild blueberries*
½ cup spinach
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon flax meal or chia seeds
Pinch of cinnamon
Stevia or raw honey to sweeten
*mixing fruit and veggies goes against food combining rules. Personally I use Sunwarrior brand ORMUS Supergreens here instead of Blueberries.
Snack: 10 almonds and 1 apple
2 cups mixed greens or spinach, chopped
½ cup carrot, chopped
½ cup cucumber, chopped
1 cup artichokes (BPA free, canned in water)
1 avocado, cubed
¼ cup hemp seeds or seed of your choice
Handful parsley, chopped
Handful basil, chopped
Chop vegetables and mix in a large bowl. Top your salad with avocado and hemp seeds. Drizzle with dressing of choice.
Snack: ½ avocado w/ tomato & sea salt
Carrot Ginger Soup
4 cups chopped carrots
6 cups vegetable broth or water
1 medium onion, minced
2-inch nub ginger root, peeled and grated
Sea salt to taste
Chopped fresh parsley, dill, or cilantro
Put carrots, ginger, and onion in a pot with broth. Bring to boil then cover and reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and put everything in a blender or food processor to purée. Serve hot topped with fresh herbs.
Early Evening Immune Boosting Ginger Elixir
1 cup warm or room temp water
Juice from ½ lemon
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or 1 tablespoon if tolerated
1 teaspoon stevia
Bring the water and ginger to a boil, and then lower flame. Add the lemon and keep at a low simmer for a few minutes. Then pour into a mug & nourish your body.
If you’ve loved this mini detox and want more of my detox programs, then click here to join my Detox Program to maximize your results.